Honestly I felt ill-prepared for this assignment and I felt like I was shooting in the dark the whole time. I had never created any kind of lesson plan before and it took me a long time to think of any topic at all. I had settled on active listening because of a few personal experiences and hoped that I could make something out of it for this assignment. I was a little nervous delivering the lesson to my group because I felt like the topic would be perceived as rubbish (nothing concrete) but my group mates were extremely attentive and that eased me a lot. Jasmine and Carson both brought up really important points in that in my activity I sort of excluded Carson and Caris because they weren't taking part in the actual conversation. I could have easily mitigated this by asking for their response first (as Jasmine) pointed out and it's definitely something I'm going to pay keen attention to from now on. I thoroughly enjoyed the lessons of my group mates as well. I thought they all chose topics they were passionate about and delivered them well. They all had engaging activities and most importantly, I can say I actually learned something about each of their respective topics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reflection on 342
This is the first "final blog post" I'm writing for the first of three courses. Either last week or the week prior I was on th...
-
For my Pro-D day I was able to attend the BCAMT in Whistler, BC. As informative as it was, I definitely could have allocated my time in a wi...
-
I think I missed quite a bit of Mihalyi Czikszentmihalyi's TED Talk on "flow" and happiness because I was living it. Susan gav...
-
This is the first "final blog post" I'm writing for the first of three courses. Either last week or the week prior I was on th...






Good reflections! You had a great lesson and communicated your expertise and confidence -- perhaps over-worried, which you really don't need to do, as you have lots to offer!
ReplyDelete